My inspiration...

This past Sunday I had the pleasure of going to see Lauryn Hill in concert. I've always considered the most talented artist of my time. She's a true lyricists and believes in having a relevant message behind her music. I've never felt so connected to an artist as I do Lauryn. She's so beautiful and her music seriously hits home especially on her "Lauryn Hill: Unplugged" album.


Although I'm not a critic (just a devoted fan) I can't say that her performance was what I expected. Her vocals were amazing but her delivery and stage presence lacked and it was very uncomfortable to watch. She seemed very disconnected and disheveled. But with that being said I STILL INSIST that Lauryn Hill is not a "has been". Her music is timeless and inspiring. From politics to lesson on love, Lauryn's music is still leaps and bounds ahead of the Beyonce's and Taylor Swifts of the world. And I know that @ this point I may be ranting, but this artist means so much to me and its because I feel like I've learned so much from her words of empowerment and strength. Her intelligence is as obvious as her beauty. I just wish she realized that her platform is so important and her message is needed. I can't say I want the "old Lauryn" back because change is inevitable. I only wish the "new Lauryn" was an improved version of the old one. Whew. I had to get that off my chest...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment